Meiklejohn Architects Inc. was one of the first registered architectural practices in the Okanagan Valley and founded in 1953 by Roy and Carol Meiklejohn and has grown through two generations to become a leading firm in the region. Jim and Cal Meiklejohn (the second generation) together with Singaporean native Shirley Ng are committed to a high standard of professional service while creating beautiful buildings with an Okanagan aesthetic.
Meiklejohn Architects Inc. is an award-winning practice with offices in Penticton and Kelowna. One of the largest firms in the British Columbia Interior, it has an established reputation that has led to loyal repeat clients and new client referrals. The firm has designed projects throughout the province — from Port Alberni to Cranbrook and from Prince Rupert to Fort St. John as well as in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. The firm serves many public-sector clients including municipalities, school districts, universities and colleges as well as private corporations, non-profit organizations, and individuals.
The firm is deeply committed to sustainable architecture. In 2004, Jim Meiklejohn became the first architect in the British Columbia Interior to achieve LEED® accreditation. Cal Meiklejohn, an early adopter of the sustainable design process, was an original member of the OAQ (Quebec Order of Architects) Green Building Committee in 1992 and then co-chair of the AIBC Energy and Environment Committee in 1998 upon his return to British Columbia. They have completed several LEED® projects and strive to incorporate sustainable design solutions that also lower capital and operating costs.